How to make your homemade bread recipe more nutritious? The answer is easy: add amaranth! Rich in amino acids, fiber, calcium, iron, and other essential nutrients, the grain it's also a great source of plant-based protein.
- 1 cup Zola Foods Amaranth
- 3 cups wheat flour (you can replace with whole wheat flour or use half a half proportion for better texture)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 ½ tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp granulated baking powder (or 1 tablet of 15g fresh yeast)
- ½ cup olive oil
- Heat the water to a warm temperature.
- Add the sugar, salt, and yeast to water.
- When mixed, add the oil, flour, and amaranth.
- Knead well and let rise until the volume is doubled (about 1 hour).
- Knead again and put in a greased form and let it grow for another 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180° C for about 45 minutes.